Media Player v9 Cannot find CD recorder...

Zsolt-314301 21:59 14 Oct 03

Using Win XP Pro Media Player v9,gives me the error : Cannot find the recorder. Under the devices Tab in tool/ options the recorder is listed as a CD rom. I think that is just because of Win XP, but that was not a problem before as it was possible to use the Cd burning with Media Player. I'm concernd about the other players which has been installed on my computer such as RealOne and MusicMatchbox.

Is this a problem or something else??
Solution?????? Any?
PS.: I tried the Microsoft help with no luck!
Thanks

Stuartli 09:10 15 Oct 03

Is WMP9 your default player - RealOne takes over unless it is carefully configured.

Watdoc2 09:14 15 Oct 03

See my thread on Windows XP CD Burning... I remain none the wiser about this problem which may or may not predate installation of RealPlayer on my system.

If this is the case I would also like to know how to block Real Player from interfering with the functionality of WIndows XP which I previously enjoyed. Note that BBC Radio Online works solely with Real Player (Why?)

Stuartli 09:22 15 Oct 03

The BBC has had RealOne as its default video/audio player for a long time, although there is now an alternative in the BBC Radio Player.

In RealOne, go to Tools>Preferences>Media Types and then uncheck anything you don't want RealOne as the default - there's quite a long list.

Stuartli 09:26 15 Oct 03

Windows will recognise a rewriter, CD-ROM or DVD-ROM as a CD-ROM drive - it uses the same basic driver for all of them; it is only your personal use that distinguishes the various types.

Watdoc2 11:18 14 Nov 03

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…