Media Player Uninstall

StevieB77 22:25 10 Feb 03

I want to completely remove Windows Media Player from my computer but it doesn’t show up in the Add/Remove list. Does anyone know the best way of going about it – or any way?

jazzypop 22:35 10 Feb 03

Which version of WMP?

And why?

Simon_P 22:36 10 Feb 03

I dont think that it is possible to uninstall M Player as it is a part of Windows.

StevieB77 22:44 10 Feb 03

It is Media Player 9. I want to install it so I can reinstall it in the hope that it might solve the problem I am having with it. When I try and connect to the Internet through WMP9 it just says ‘Forbidden’ – Access denied by access control list. I have tried reinstalling AOL but it still won’t work, I have no idea if this way will.

VoG™ 23:00 10 Feb 03

In Control Panel/Add+Remove programs you will find it under add or remove windows components (left hand pane).

Before you do this, are you sure that it is not a firewall that is blocking it?

jazzypop 23:02 10 Feb 03

I doubt whether uninstalling WMP9 will help - this problem has been around since at least WMP7 - see click here

I suspect that it is an AOL issue. Due to the way in which AOL works, it's IP addresses can change very swiftly in a short space of time, then settle down again. Try again later.

StevieB77 23:06 10 Feb 03

Thanks for the info - you have saved me wasting my time reinstalling it.

Stuartli 02:03 11 Feb 03

WMP can be installed separately from Windows - most people do it this way. You may be confusing XP with other MS operating systems.

It is listed in Add/Remove Programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple