Media player 'too fast'

RICH 23:21 10 Feb 04

I'm having trouble with media player, all music,video, streaming or even played directly fom the hard drive skips through at about three or four times normal speed. I cannot see any logical solution in the options menu. If it helps I'm using AMD 2600+, 512Mb ram, Win 98SE,WMP 9 and a broadband connection.This is the first time in years that my problem has not been solved by trawling through this forum.

Sir Radfordin 23:50 10 Feb 04

Open up WMP and choose View/Enhancements/View Speed Settings and check you have it as normal.

RICH 08:40 12 Feb 04

Sir Radfordin,sorry for the delay in replying (work!). This is a fresh download and install of WMP but I can't find any speed setting under Enhancements.

AubreyS 08:54 12 Feb 04

On the far right of media play below time elapsed, or total time of what is playing, there is an arrow >>. If you hover above it, it will tell you the speed playing. Click it until you see Resume play (normal speed)

RICH 13:06 12 Feb 04

AubreyS, just tried this but even while playing a track the >> button remains greyed out and the only flag attached to it reads 'fast forward'.Thanks for trying.

Stuartli 13:28 12 Feb 04

The speed settings will appear on the main WMP window, under the visualisations/titles screen.

Adjust as necessary; you can also bring up the equaliser etc by clicking on the back and forth arrovs.

Stuartli 13:29 12 Feb 04

If I remember rightly you also have to click on the Now Playing tab on the top lefthand side of the screen before making alterations.

RICH 13:52 12 Feb 04

Stuartli, please forgive me for appearing thick, but although I highlight 'now playing' the line under the visualisation and above the progress bar only indicates the track and artist then 128k/b per second, which I understood to be the recording quality ? I shall return this evening
for more education.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…