Media player problems - can anyone help?

kingkenny 17:44 19 Jan 03
  kingkenny 17:44 19 Jan 03

Hi All,

I have just downloaded a rather larger avi file of a recent movie (!!) and it will not play. Media player attempts to load video and audio codecs but fails to load the video codec. This leaves me with an audio version of the film and media player visualisations. Can anyone suggest a remedy to this problem?

Is it because the file was recorded from a dvd within a different region? I have tried it with another avi file of a sitcom and have the same problem? I am using Kazaalite on a BB connection.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

p.s I was on a while back with major graphics problems and have since discovered it was a faulty peice of hardware. Thanks to everyone who helped and remembers the posting. The problem now is getting my money back. Small claims court beacons!!

nightporter 17:52 19 Jan 03

First you ask for help getting a recent film you downloaded to work, then talk about sueing someone who you recon owes YOU money. Are you going to send any money from your court victory to the owners of the films copyright?

-pops- 17:55 19 Jan 03

Don't know about the small claims court - if you get caught doing this it could be the high court for you.

Wrong forum mate!

kingkenny 17:57 19 Jan 03

Slander, I'll sue!!

Yeah yeah! ok so it stinks of hypocrisy but what hell!

I have a "bought" copy of the film but from a different region and don't want to change my DVD settings. I am doing my bit, albeit in a rather strange and stupid way!

Maybe I should just go out and buy a multi region player!

-pops- 18:05 19 Jan 03

"I have a "bought" copy of the film but from a different region and don't want to change my DVD settings."

doesn't fit with:

"I have just downloaded a rather larger avi file of a recent movie (!!) and it will not play."

does it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…