Media player problem

Totally-braindead 02:53 24 May 03

Hi all, I downloaded media player 9 and had more than a little trouble with it, so decided to reinstall media player 7.1. Now I've done this the visualisations won't work, it says something about the cdrom being unable to read digitally and therefore its reading in analog which means the viualisations are unavailable. I run Win98SE and it worked fine before, I assume that using Add/remove programs to remove media player 9 has caused some sort of problem. If I reinstall media player 9 again it works perfectly. Basically I'm stuck, any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

-pops- 05:36 24 May 03

Might be worthwhile to check that "Enable Digital Audio" is enabled for you CD drive in Device Manager.

Brian

Totally-braindead 09:11 24 May 03

I would check this if I could, however there does not appear to be an option to do this in Device Manager that I can find, also even if this would help why does it work if I update again to media player 9? Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is really hacking me off.

VoG™ 09:24 24 May 03

click here and the link at the bottom

Totally-braindead 16:22 24 May 03

Thanks VoG this is exactly the problem I have. Unfortunatly the article appears to be for Millenium not Win98 so I'm still stuck. There must be some way around this, if anyone has any advice it would be very welcome.

Totally-braindead 18:27 24 May 03

refresh

Totally-braindead 11:12 25 May 03

Still no further forward, has anyone any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…