Media player problem

curlylad 17:59 24 Oct 05

When I reduce my media player down to the taskbar I no longer get the video and visulisation window and the buttons are greyed out or don't work , can anyone help with this please ?

curlylad 20:34 24 Oct 05

Anyone ?

mattyc_92 20:38 24 Oct 05

Can you please explain in more detail what you mean...

curlylad 20:55 24 Oct 05

When you have media player in full window and click the minimise button , the media player will then sit on the bottom taskbar.When I used to hover over it , a small black window appeared over the top of the controls showing information relating to the track that was currently playing and it does not do this any more.Also the minimised player has 9 buttons in all , you could play , stop , next track , previous track as 4 of the 9 buttons but these 4 are now greyed oud and nothing happens when I click them !

curlylad 22:20 27 Oct 05

Still no help with this , come on guys !

Splork 23:30 27 Oct 05

Running XP? Which version of WMP?

curlylad 00:07 28 Oct 05

Windows XP Pro , Windows Media Player version

Splork 00:32 28 Oct 05

Go into Program Files\Windows Media Player\, run setup_wm.exe - ignore any `newer version already installed` - it ought to reset the configuration.

mattyc_92 15:23 28 Oct 05

You might of disabled this feature..... To enable:

Right-click the "Taskbar" and select "Toolbars->Windows Media Player". You will notice a little "tick" next to this option if you right-click again.

You may need to close WMP while doing this.

curlylad 00:46 29 Oct 05

Tried your suggestions but they didn't work.I tried then to update via the taskbar in Media Player but it said I had the latest version.I then went onto Microsoft web site and downloaded the same version on top of my current one at this has now solved the problem , thanks all that helped !

babyblue 11:47 18 Dec 05

cant get my media plaer to work just says internal application please someone help iam going mad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…