Media Player Internal Error !

samson1589 23:17 08 Feb 09

Hi need some help. I have a desktop pc that is not connected to the internet running xp professional sp2. In the 4 years or so i have owned this machine i dont think i have ever used windows media player. Now i need too. I click on it and get the message "An internal application error has occurred".
So i downloaded windows media player 10 on my laptop put it on usb stick and transfered to desktop. Installed ok then i click on the desktop shortcut and i get the same message.

Any ideas ?

Sea Urchin 23:24 08 Feb 09
  samson1589 23:51 08 Feb 09

Not having a lot of luck with this link i have found the fix and microsoft is telling me the jscript or vbscript is corrupted. When i try and run the fix i just get a failed message with a return code 0x80004005. Cant find that on the microsoft help centre. Im lost !

Any other ideas ?

Sea Urchin 00:26 09 Feb 09

Try downloading the latest version of WMP (ver 11) from

click here

but first make sure you uninstall any existing version/s from Add/Remove Programs and clean with CCleaner

click here

bert52a 16:59 07 Jun 09

click here

After endless messing about I have finally cured my similar prob- I got the error message anytime I tried to use wmp- this link is similar to the one above but isn't accessed through cmd.

hope it works!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video