media player help

FRANNY 18:21 09 Apr 09

When i put a blank dvd into my drive in media player,media player recognises it right away the dvd symbol appears,when i put it into my other computer,once again in media player,it will not recognise it,its the same disk why is this happening.

rdave13 19:01 09 Apr 09

When you say 'media player' do you mean 'my computer'? Not sure I understand the question.

FRANNY 20:33 09 Apr 09

when i use media player to burn a disk,on one computer it works perfectly,but i can put the same empty disk in another computer,and it does not recognise it.

rdave13 21:21 09 Apr 09

Try this, click on 'my computer'--right click the drive and select properties--auto play tab--make sure radio button for 'select an action to perform' is selected. Even if it is selected click on it again then click on the ' restore to defaults' tab, click apply and ok tabs. See if your media player recognises the blank DVD disc.

Stuartli 00:08 10 Apr 09

On the system that won't recognise a disk, go to My Computer>highlight the appropriate drive>Properties>Recording tab and ensure that the Enable Recording On This Drive box is ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…