Media player disconnects internet

rpebp 13:43 13 Apr 05

If I am on the internet (Freeserve dial up) and put a CD in the CD drive, then Windows media player 9 opens and the CD plays OK. However the internet connection immediately goes dead, after a little while a message comes up asking whether I wish to reconnect. However reconnection is not possible until I close media player. There is no problem if I just open media player while on the internet, only when it is playing media. Everything I can see on the media player options that refers to the internet is unticked. Can anyone help?

Technotiger 14:54 13 Apr 05

Hi, not sure if this is the answer, but in IE>Tools>InternetOptions>Connections check 'Dial whenever a network connection is not present'.

rpebp 13:19 14 Apr 05

Thanks for the suggestions, but no success. I tried changing to Media Player 7, no change. Then I removed firefox, even though this had not been running anyway - problem gone.

Technotiger 13:22 14 Apr 05

Alls well that ends well. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…