Media Player 9 won't play DVD's

rawprawn 15:37 08 Jan 03
  rawprawn 15:37 08 Jan 03

I upgraded from MP 9 beta to the newer version, & now it won't play DVD's I get this message "Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter". I have been through all I can find in troubleshooting including decreasing from 32 bit to 16 bit colour. Any ideas, I have not changed any settings & the old one worked fine.

€dstow 15:43 08 Jan 03

Just checked two of mine and they're just the same as before.

I don't use WMP as default for DVDs but it seems fine.

€d

rawprawn 14:21 09 Jan 03

Although I have not solved this problem, I will show it resolved because nobody seems to have any suggestions.
Thanks to all who read & thought about it.

shortcircuited 18:43 09 Jan 03

its not the real version on media nine its only trial isnt it, so maybe its something they need to fix

Newuser378 15:53 10 Jan 03

it might be obvious but have tried deleting mp9 and getting a clean install from the download web page

cdb 18:05 10 Jan 03

I think I had to do a sytem restore to get rid of the beta version, as it kept crashing my system. I haven't used the final release much, but I do know mine does play dvds. How did you install yours? Try a system restore to get rid of the beta version then install the new one and see if this makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…