Media Player 9 will not copy CDs

Stroller 23:47 15 Feb 03

Win XP Pro, PCChips 810MB, Athlon XP1800, 256 mem.

Windows Media Player 9 will not copy CDs to hard drive, (these are new CDs from Woolworths, not pirated), it plays CDs from CDRW, & it plays CDs already copied to drive. It is just the copy to HD that is the problem.

Whenever I try to copy CD WMP shows error message of "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error" for each track. The previous CD rom had no problems in copying tracks to hard drive, and the CDRW reads CDrom (eg PCA cover disks)with no problems

I can copy CDs to HD with Realplayer, but Media Player does not recognise the file.

This has only happened since I replaced the original CDrom with a CD burner, but no additional software was installed and WIN XP accepted the burner with no problems.

I have copied some backup files to CD, but have not yet copied any tracks to CD.

Can someone help?????

Stroller

PSF 00:37 16 Feb 03

click here

Have you tried this it might help.

You could try installing your s/w for your burner as well.

Stroller 09:01 16 Feb 03

I have removed and re-insatlled media player, checked for updates and installed as recomended, the connections have been checked and are OK.

The software for the burner has been installed and I am still unable to copy CDs. I do not have any space in the case to put the CDrom back in, (I have a removable HD)so at the moment my option look like removing the burner and putting the CDrom back in to copy CDs to the hard drive, then putting the burner back for use.

A nuisance!

Stroller

Stroller 12:37 16 Feb 03

got it sorted, uninstalled WMP 9, downloaded WMP 9 from Microsoft, installed it and it works as I expect it to.

Stroller

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…