Media Player 9 messing with my mp3's!

sulley 13:19 15 Apr 03

media player 9 is slowing down and lowering the pitch of the first few seconds of all my mp3's. If you skip to a point in a song it, the same will happen.
Mp3's still play normally in Realplayer and I never had any problems using media player 8. WMA files are playing normally.
Any ideas as to whats going on?

Dr. Charles 14:04 15 Apr 03

I have this and have stopped using mediaplayer9. In fact I have thought of deleting it and just using realOneplayer. I think there is a conflict between the two

Regards

Charles

sulley 14:09 15 Apr 03

well does anyone know if this is a bug or if microsoft actually know this is happening and are trying to get people to use the WMA format more.

chrishillcoat 17:25 15 Apr 03

It may be something to do with cross-fading and/or volume levelling, check your preferences.

Chris

sulley 22:32 15 Apr 03

I've already checked those settings and its not the answer. If that was the case WMA's wouldn't play correctly either. This problem is only happening with MP3 files.

sulley 01:30 21 Apr 03

still need help here!

sulley 13:55 22 Apr 03

bump

canard 20:28 22 Apr 03

Mediaplayer is a very tiresome pushy app.
Winamp is far easier to live with and much better behaved click here;$sessionid$XWL44LAAAJUYNTN24UNBCZA .

Altair 22:28 22 Apr 03

I found the same probs, are you using XP? as WMP 9 is supposed to be for XP users and I use ME so I went back to WMP 8 and all is well.

sulley 15:47 23 Apr 03

I am using XP so it doesn't just seem to be a windows compatibility problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…