Media player 9

vido 13:57 19 Mar 04

I'm trying to copy music from a CD onto my pc via media player 9 but all I get is 'media player 9 has encountered an unknown error'. Does anyone know how to sort this.

MichelleC 15:06 19 Mar 04

Can you give us your pc spec and version of DirectX, plus is DMA enabled on drives?

vido 15:44 19 Mar 04

I am running a 1gig pentium pc with windows me. DMA is enabled on hard drive. Can't seem to find which version of directx is being used.

BAW083 15:58 19 Mar 04

If you want to find out what version of DirectX your running, click Start, Run, and type 'dxdiag'.

I assume that works in Win Me (has done for me in 98:SE and XP.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:59 19 Mar 04

For dx info type dxdiag in the start run box,is DMA enabled on the cd drive as well? also have you the cd burning plugin installed?I find this much better at copying music cds to hdd
click here

tomleady 16:01 19 Mar 04

only last week.

i got it sorted after turning off my AVG (virus scanner). maybe try turning off your virus scanner.

vido 16:05 19 Mar 04

I am running Directx version 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)and DMA is enabled on both the hard drive and the CD drive.

BAW083 17:12 19 Mar 04

How about the licences/policies enabled within Win Media, what are they set too?

I remember having a problem both creating .wma's and creating CDs. This was some time ago now though, and can't really remember whether it was Win Media 9 or a late version of 8.

vido 19:41 19 Mar 04

Apologies been out for a while. How do I find what the licences/policies within Win Media 9 are set to?

BAW083 00:44 20 Mar 04

'Tools' --> 'License Management'

But it doesn't appear to apply to Win Media 9.
I've altered my copy protected licensing setup, and the 'Copy Music' section of 'Tools' but it still copies music from CD.

Can't think what my problem may have been with - but I'm fairly certain it was with Windows Media Player 8.

Sorry. =(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…