Media Player

krh 16:57 PM 27 Jan 12

I am having a problem with Windows 7 Media Player, it only plays some of my tracks on my computer and it will not let me delete any old tracks or albums from the media player itself! I have put all my music libraries in my Windows 7 Media Player via: Organize/ Music Libraries/Music but it will not play all of the tracks and in some cases it will play say 50% of a C D and not the rest. Question; is there a way I can remove Media Player and reinstall it, as it looks a mess and it will not function correctly?

northumbria61 23:04 PM 27 Jan 12

See here enter link description here Also - have you got the latest Codecs pack installed?

northumbria61 23:10 PM 27 Jan 12
  onionskin 00:55 AM 28 Jan 12

Have you tried Microsoft's Fix it Solution Center, or Fix it Center Online. Claimed to find and fix Media Payer problems, will also rebuild the Media Player data base without losing your music.

krh 12:08 PM 28 Jan 12

thanks for all your help, i found an answer in Microsoft's Vista help page and it looks like this (if you ever need it)

For Windows Vista:

Click Start, All Programs->Accessories->Run, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player, and then click OK. 3. Select all the files in the folder, and then click Delete on the File menu.

Note You do not have to delete the folders that are in this folder. 4. Restart Windows Media Player.

Note Windows Media Player automatically rebuilds the database.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016