Media Player

Dorset123 19:09 15 Jan 06

How do I change the default media player on Internet explorer it was the Windows media Player its now changed to Quick Time does anyone know how to change it back.
Thanks

stalion 21:17 15 Jan 06

go to tools,manage add ons click on the show box and select add ons that have been used by IE scroll down to media player and make sure it is enabled also if you do not want to use quicktime disable it in the list

Kev.Ifty 23:05 15 Jan 06

Open WMP Goto TOOLS/OPTIONS Select the File Types tab... To make WMP your default player click the 'Select All' button.

If you have any files that 'have to' play using quick time or winamp and you have a problem playing them.

Right click the file and select the Open With option. When you have finished, then go back to WMP and set it as default again.

Sometimes, especially with Winamp, the last player you have used associates it's self with that type of file.

Therefore now and again you need to reset WMP to default. If thats what one wants.

Cheers Kev.

ashdav 23:51 15 Jan 06

Strongly suggest you read this click here
Uninstall Quicktime first.

Kev.Ifty 00:02 16 Jan 06

I agree your post is a good one. Media Player Classic is a cracking player, especialy for playing DVD's.

But Dorset123 asked how to restore WMP as default player...

Once Dorset123 has got to grips with the settings of WMP. Then He/She can take on board your excellent suggestions regarding M.P.C.

;-) Kev.

Stuartli 00:05 16 Jan 06

If you go to Start>Set Program Access and Defaults you can set all your default programs and applications as required.

Dorset123 18:47 16 Jan 06

Thanks to everyone that added a message I am now sorted. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…