Media Player 12 has me driven mad!

hawthorn59 18:31 29 Mar 11

Hi Folks

Maybe it's my own fault or my ignorance, but some of the simplest tasks are becoming very difficult in WMP 12 I feel. The latest one is that I have a folder of 6 tracks on my desktop, and I want to burn them. So Im trying to get them into WMP 10. Again maybe its not WMP 12 but a Win 7 issue. I just dont know where to put them! In Win 7 I have:

Libraries/Music

Clicking on Music gives me 2 options

Music and Public Music

I dont know which of them if any is the correct one. I moved the folder into Public Music and it shows up there but doesnt show up in WMP12. Whereas many of the albums in WMP are located in Public Music when I display file location.

What am I doint wrong and why is it so complicated!!?? If only Monkey Media would rip to mp3 free of charge!

h

mfletch 18:55 29 Mar 11

Right click then click on add to media players list

hawthorn59 03:38 30 Mar 11

Thanks for the reply.

When I did this Media Player opened and the tracks appeared in Unsaved List in a pane on the right side and started playing. But they still dont show up in the library.

h

bluesbrother 07:47 30 Mar 11

Its not really a user friendly program at times.

Click on 'Organise' then 'Manage Libraries' then 'Music'
You can add or remove folders from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…