Media Player 11 wont connect to internet

chelseafan 19:20 09 Nov 06

Has anyone any idea why my media player (11) will not connect to the internet to download album title, track info etc. I've checked through all the usual options and all seems correct. The error message suggests either my internet connection may not be working (then how would they send me a reply??), the "website is encountering problems" or there might be a "typing error in the address" (which i don't type). Strange cos i'm sure it was working last week and I've not touched anything since.

Probabilitydrive 19:29 09 Nov 06

Open WM player 11 and right click the icon on the lift hand top corner. Go to "tools" and "options".

Tick the box "connect to the Internet (overrides.......)".

anskyber 19:30 09 Nov 06

Have you got a security suite or firewall which requires you to grant access first? i have ZoneAlarm whch needs specific authorisation.

chelseafan 19:35 09 Nov 06

Thanks Probabilitydrive but i've tried that and it didn't make any difference. The suggestion by anskyber could be the answer. I have Norton Firewall installed so i guess it could be that. I'll have delve around.....

chelseafan 19:42 09 Nov 06

Thanks anskyber. I've temporarily disabled the firewall and WMP connects to the internet. I just need to work out now how to set this up to work without having to turn the firewall off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…