media player 10 question

patso 13:24 01 Dec 04

after an sp2 install i went to update wmp9.after a 2 hour download the install failed .it had an error message about mp9 but when i go to sys restore it says that wmp10 was installed.whats wrong.any help please.do i have to uninstall wmp 9 first?

Cook2 13:47 01 Dec 04

WMP 10 should install without removing WMP 9.

Evidently WMP 10 supposed to take 55 mins on a 28.8 modem.

I guess you never 'saved' the file but 'ran' it.

I would suggest downloading again and 'save' to My Documents for example.

At least you won't have to wait around to keep downloading it.

If you can open WMP 9 or 10, go to 'Help' - 'Check for Player Updates' and see what that does.

If it says it will update then 'save' as I mentioned earlier, before running it.

JIM 14:00 01 Dec 04

Go back to win-updates for the media player,and Win-updates will carry on automatically from where it left off,installed/or not.

Stuartli 17:55 01 Dec 04

Or directly from Windows Media Player's home page at:

click here

Stuartli 17:57 01 Dec 04

You can find out which version of WMP is installed by opening it, clicking on Help>About Windows Media Player - the version will be listed in full.

patso 22:34 01 Dec 04

thanks to all for the advice.done what is suggested and all is fine.thanks again for all who replied.

patso 22:44 01 Dec 04

when i went to view installations on windows update page theres an reeoe message on the install history which says flaw in windows media player may allow media library acess (819639) any ideas what this means and do i have to reinstall wmp 10.thanks again sorry for the extra question.

patso 22:48 01 Dec 04

sorry forget about that last message i was looking at the wrong page and date.wmp by the way didnt install.

patso 22:53 01 Dec 04

thanks for the link and cook2 yes i didnt save it silly me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…