Media Player 10 constantly requires upgrade

Bubbi 14:03 05 Nov 05

Running XP Home & asked MP10 for update check - It found 13MB update which I downloaded & wizard installed. When computer is rebooted & I check again, the update is re-found to be installed again! I have done this several times but it always says this is an available update. (NB: If I check before turning off PC it tells me the player is already updated). Anyone know about this glitch? Thanks.

uisquebeathus 14:45 05 Nov 05

go into start/run/ enter (msconfig)/ click go, in msconfig the /top row/ startup /untick the item (mediaplayer) for this then close the msconfig, it will then ask you to restart. on the next startup a message will come up telling you that you have used msconfig, tick the box on the left side, then click ok, it will again ask you to restart click on restart later and that should be the end of MP10.

Bubbi 17:05 05 Nov 05

There is no box for Media Player on the startup tab when I tried this - what is this procedure actually doing if I succeed? Ta

VoG II 17:10 05 Nov 05
  Bubbi 17:20 05 Nov 05

This player is not on auto update, I requested update via the help menu - problem is that I download & install the most recent update offered but when rebooted it's like the update never happened & it's offered again. Any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…