media player 10

Boy Zone 21:11 16 Jan 05

Hi to you all,

Having installed media player 10, I can't get it to recognise my CD writer or DVD writer. I have been on the web knowledge base, but no luck.
I do get a error code, which again points me no where.
Version 9 works ok, just thought that I download 10.
Using Win XP home.

Regards

matt1234 21:13 16 Jan 05

is it possible for more detail on the error!!!

Boy Zone 11:58 17 Jan 05

When I try to burn, I get a dialogue box appear stating "unknown error". If i click to get more info the error code is COOD11CD, which according to the knowledge base could mean anything.
It also states that MP10 can't detect any devises on my PC,i.e. CDRW or DVD writer. I have tried F5 to refresh but no luck.
All works fine in wmd 9.

Boy Zone 17:55 17 Jan 05

Sorry to push this one, but its bugging me!!

I can't seem to get this to recognise any of my drives.

Any help would be welcome.

Modo 18:52 17 Jan 05

Can you burn CD's from outside WMP10?

What other burning software do you have?

We are also having problems burning from WMP10 but the synch option to an mp3 type device is fine.

Suspicion is that the rights mamagement controls in WMP10 is pretty severe. Also noted that if you mix up .wma with .mp3 in your burn list it loses the plot.

We reverted to using Nero.

Boy Zone 11:14 18 Jan 05

Thanks for your reply.

I have Nero 6 reloaded, which works fine.
What I can't understand is that my neighbours PC wmp10 works fine, and he has the same s/w.
I can understand wmp10 not being able to recognise all the MP3 players in this world, but I have a Ricol DVD writer, and a Sony CD writer, which are not exactly small companies.

Boy Zone 21:01 20 Jan 05

sorry to push this issue but, can you please help?

Tenacious Green 21:06 20 Jan 05

Try uninstalling and reinstalling WM10. It tells you how to on the Microsoft site. If 9 worked there is no reason 10 shouldn't.

Tenacious Green 21:06 20 Jan 05

Try uninstalling and reinstalling WM10. It tells you how to on the Microsoft site. If 9 worked there is no reason 10 shouldn't.

Boy Zone 11:28 21 Jan 05

Thanks for your input.
I have unistalled and reinstalled wmp many times but still no joy.
I see no reason why it will not recognise my writers.

Tenacious Green 13:33 21 Jan 05

Another thought is to see if there are updated drivers for your writers. Running out of ideas, Sorry!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5