Media event error message

pimpers 10:37 28 Nov 05

My XP browser became unresponsive for numerouse times today, even after closing it and reopening it, so I rebooted. As I did, I received a message that "Media Event Sink Window" was refusing to close. I forced it to close, rebooted, and all was well. I checked in Windows Task Manager before rebooting and found nothing unusual; apart from Task Mgr., there was no memory usage. I have not installed anything new lately.

What is a "Media Event Sink Window"? How do I prevent this problem in the future?

pimpers 10:47 28 Nov 05

Just for reference, another problem exists after this erro message has been displayed. Everything I do after this without shutting down works very slow indeed. Before programmes open in a matter of seconds, so does my spyware and antivirus programmes to see if there is a problem. These take minutes to open and to run.

This problem only happens when I am on line clicking on links people have sent me to watch. Saved files normally run ok unless I have been on line.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pimpers.

pimpers 00:51 30 Nov 05

bump.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017