Media Centre Remote Control

LMcG 13:55 17 Mar 07

I have just installed Vista Home Premium and all seems to be working ok except the remote control for Media Centre. It is a Packard Bell RF MCE remote control model no. OR32E. When I first plugged in the USB receiver a message appeared telling me to go to windows upgrade. I have downloaded all available upgrades and the message no longer appears, however the remote control still does not work. I have removed the USB receiver and replaced it and it is found ok by Windows. (The batteries are new)

ArrGee 17:15 17 Mar 07

Did the remote control come with any software in order for the USB IR to pick it up?

howard64 17:16 17 Mar 07

never used media centre but if you go to media centre properties there may be a box to click in for remote operation.

ArrGee 17:19 17 Mar 07

Also, this link may provide some help

click here;

LMcG 13:25 19 Mar 07

Got it sorted. When I plugged in the RF receiver it would go to Windows update and download the latest driver, which did not work. The old XP driver is available on the Packard Bell website, I downloaded it and everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…