Media Centre Failure

john bunyan 22:16 09 Jun 08

I have XP MCE edition. TV was working ok and still does using WinTV There are no probs with Happuage tuner and I have downloaded latest drivers for NVidia 7800GTX and for tuner. When I try to access TV in MCE I get a message "Component Registration Failure - some of the files for radio or video may be corrupt. Code 3. I uninstalled .Net framework files and reinstalled .Net Framework 2 and 3. I could not get .Net Framework 1.1 to uninstall nor reinstall. My computer is Evesham so cant go to them, Have run Superantisptware and AVG 8.Any ideas? I tried a system restore to 22 May but it did not help.

rossgolf 23:07 09 Jun 08

repair install of xp??

john bunyan 12:10 18 Jun 08

I have now found the problem seems to lie with incompatability with MCE 2005 and SP3. I uninstalled SP3 and my TV option in MCE came back. Has anyone with XP Pro plus MCE 2005 had similar probleme ie does MCE 2005 work with SP3?

crosstrainer 12:22 18 Jun 08

Don't use TV but I have heard of this issue after installation of SP3 a nd certain TV cards.

Quite a bit:

click here

Woolwell 13:07 18 Jun 08

I had MCE2005 and XP SP3 working with TV (not a Hauppage) until last week. It probably would have carried on working but my PC died (hard drive plus other possible snags) and I am now on Vista so cannot check now.

john bunyan 14:59 18 Jun 08

Thanks crosstrainer and Woolwell. I managed to get through to Microsoft and am awaiting more info. They may have a problem with AMD - I have a dual core 2200 (4400) processor so maybe it is a contributary cause. In the meantime I am ok without SP3 for now. Anyone got SP3 , AMD, Huppuage working on TV within MCE 2005?

Woolwell 19:24 18 Jun 08

I had an AMD so don't think it was that. Graphics card? Incidentally the PC that died was an Evesham.

john bunyan 20:48 18 Jun 08

Woolwell. Evesham also but going well!. At last sorted the problem with MS help. Downloaded SP3 to desktop,uninstalled AVG8 and Commodo, installed SP3 in safe mode, reinstalled AVG and Commodo.MCE now seems fine. Thanks for suggestions and interest- hope your PC can be ressurected! JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now