Media Centre Error 23 - I can't fix it.

jdtaylor 23:02 20 Jul 08

Hi,

I am using Media Center 2005 and I keep getting the error 23 message and I have tried absolutely everything to fix this form using the MCE Repair Tool, to the MCE Reset tool to repairing windows and deleting the epg folder and nothing is working to solve this.

I believe this might be caused by a few of the problems below from the latest MCE Repair log, but if anyone has any ideas how to solve this as it happens every single time I try and restore the guide and channels after Media Center suddenly decided it could not find the channels file which is most annoying.

The error log does seem to show some problems registering and un-registering files which I think have been OK in the past but not now which is why I'm after help.

MCE2K5 23:28 20 Jul 08

Have you tried this click here

MCE2K5 23:53 20 Jul 08

MCE2005 Guide Download Error Code 23 click here

click here

click here

Another possible resolution to guide download error 23 caused by the BITS service click here

jdtaylor 10:56 21 Jul 08

Well I think it must have been something associated with the recording schedule, as soon as I reset Media Centre and told it not to preserve the recording schedule, the problem seemed to go away, I think thus mauy just mean uf it stops working, reset it and start agaimn especially if you have been trying to use the same recording schedule for some time, the chances are there was a bug or something in it, and as soon as it was told to delete it the problem went away which is most odd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…