media center receiver service problem

notrom 14:56 04 Oct 07

I'm getting a message saying "Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and needs to close." It pops up about every 30 seconds and is driving me insane. I have Windows XP.

Clicking to see what the Microsoft Error Report contains, I'm advised the following:

Error signature
szAppName: ehrecvr.exe
szAppVer: 5.1.2715.3011
szModName: vp6dec.ax
szModVer: 6.4.2.0
offset: 00001b02

I have no idea what Media Center Receiver Service is but I won't have much hair left if I don't get it to get over its problem. I will be truly grateful to anyone who can help.

howard64 15:09 04 Oct 07

try sfc /scannow from the command prompt it may solve your problem.

notrom 15:14 04 Oct 07

Thanks howard64, am running it now. Will report back.

notrom 15:14 04 Oct 07

Thanks howard64, am running it now. Will report back.

notrom 17:59 04 Oct 07

Howard64, in the end I had to get onto my computer manufacturer helpline. The bloke I spoke to seemed very knowledgeable but couldn't work out what the problem was. In the end we got rid of it by restoring the system to Sept 30. He suspects it might have been something in Windows automatic update download. In future I'm reverting to manual update downloads! Anyway, thanks for your help and apologies for delay coming back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…