media center 2005 and SATA (no floppy)

djbenny 13:04 20 Nov 05

hello, i wish to install media center 2005 onto my computer i have tried but it says that i have noo hard drives though i do have xp home already installked on my computer, the computer is a dell deminsion 8400, with a wd rator hard drive i have no floppy dreive installed on which i can load drivers, and wish to dual boot my system, any sugestions on how i can install it?

djbenny 14:19 21 Nov 05

is there no info that anyone can give me? would be much apprichiated

ade.h 14:58 21 Nov 05

For what a floppy drive costs, buy one and fit it temporarily. You'll need to transfer the necessary driver files for your SATA controller. Boot without the floppy disk inserted, then press F6 when prompted early in the installation process, then insert the floppy when asked to do so.

ade.h 15:00 21 Nov 05

click here

My advice is based on the assumption that your Dell motherboard has a floppy disk drive controller. I don't know much about Dell systems, but there's a chance that it might not.

djbenny 20:08 21 Nov 05

it has a floppy cable so i'm assuming it does

djbenny 20:10 21 Nov 05

also anyone know where i can get the drivers from
i have a dimension 8400 with a western digital 74.6gb raptor

ade.h 20:18 21 Nov 05

Western Digital's website will have the necessary downloads

ade.h 20:21 21 Nov 05
  ade.h 20:23 21 Nov 05

Also check the website for your SATA controller manufacturer (probably Intel). Find the correct model number from your motherboard manual or use Everest.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…