//some 3rd party need geo

Media card reader Eater

alan9900 17:40 19 Mar 04

I recently bought a DAZZLE hi-speed USB2 reader which seems to be destroying my cards.
Once read in the reader the cards no longer work in the camera,I thought it was because i had deleted pictures whilst in the card reader but that is not the case ,just reading the cards is enough to make them unuseable in the camera.anyone else had the same problem ?

Pidder 18:18 19 Mar 04

Have you tried re-formatting the cards, in the camera, not on the PC which I believe can cause problems.

alan9900 18:54 19 Mar 04

yes tried several times in both fat and fat32 formats on both windows xp and me .no luck with either

Pidder 19:11 19 Mar 04

Are you saying you have re-formatted the card using the PC? This may be the reason as advice is to format in the camera.

alan9900 19:21 19 Mar 04

camera refuses to format the card after being read by the reader in the computer,i tried as a last resort formating in the card reader this is the second card that has been damager by just putting it into the reader to download pictures.I can only suspect the reader is to blame.

Pidder 13:42 20 Mar 04

Sorry, no other ideas except I have had no problems using USB 1 with an HP printer card reader, except rather slow.

Totally-braindead 13:54 20 Mar 04

Only thing I have seen with smart cards that is similar is, my MP3 player, once you format the cards in the MP3 player for music you cannot use the cards in a digital camera as it won't recognise them. Only advice I can offer is try to contact the reader manufacturer for advise/help. The website now is click here as they've been bought over.

mrsp 14:14 20 Mar 04

We had that problem, so I tried it in another camera and it formatted it, then put it back in the first camera and it foratted Ok., it's mow back in use

alan9900 12:54 21 Mar 04

a big thank you for all your help formatted in another camera and now works fine,must be the Dazzle card reader at fault

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…