Media ard[Compact Flash] Corrupt repair?

jack 15:22 17 Sep 10

A compact Flash card in the card reader is giving
'File or Directory corrupt or unreadable'

OK have recovered all the images with two recovery tools
So that's OK
This then is curiosity- Is any one aware of a utility programe the will 'Repair' or re instate the directory- similar to a Hard drive - such as - MBR or SFC.
Curiosity only.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:40 17 Sep 10

If you have the pictures off it just reformat it.

jack 16:53 17 Sep 10

This pure curiosity.
The Camera can in fact 'display' the images, so I am wondering why Windoze cannot with out a little help

jack 16:53 17 Sep 10

This pure curiosity.
The Camera can in fact 'display' the images, so I am wondering why Windoze cannot with out a little help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:40 17 Sep 10

Cameras often use their own type of format,
this is why often a card formatted in windows will not work in a camera.

Cards should always be formatted in the Camera

Its possible that windows is struggling to recognise the format the camera is using it must be an oldish camera to use compact flash?

woodchip 19:14 17 Sep 10

Just right click the drive, Tools/Disc Scanner, tick box to auto fix faults

jack 20:00 17 Sep 10

Camera is not that old and has had no trouble previously or currently- Compact Flash is still used in SLRs as this one is[Olympus]
No this is some other malfunction - as already stated images are saved - this play time, plenty of other cards available
Woody read the post 'Drive cannot be accessed '- therefore nothing to click on see picture

G]click here[/IMG]

hssutton 21:08 17 Sep 10

Jack format the compactflash in the computer at fat32.

I always format my compactflash via the PC, have done so for the past 10 years on all of the 6 DSLRs I've owned.

Fruit Bat /\0/\

I don't know where you get the idea that a camera must be old to be using compactflash. All the major manufacturers use compactflash on their DSLRs, although some of the lower end DSLRs such as Canons latest offering the 60D are starting to use SD cards, much to the despair of photographers

Jameslayer 21:49 17 Sep 10

what is the difference between compact and stand cards from a camera point of view?

Jameslayer 21:51 17 Sep 10

oh so they offer better vaule for money. Least thats what the websites i read suggest.

woodchip 22:07 17 Sep 10

SD are cheaper for more Meg Than Compact Flash

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac