//some 3rd party need geo

medal of honour problem

polish 16:57 09 Aug 05

purchased medal of honour pacific assault last week game loads onto computer seemingly ok but when trying to run the game game tries to start then goes back to desktop ea games not much use with help the computer is well able to play the game any ideas please

Jdoki 17:03 09 Aug 05

Can you post your specs? May give some clues.

Have you installed the latest version of Direct X?

Updated your graphics drivers?

Can you access the setup menu separately from launching the game?

If so then set the resolution to the minimum, disable as many features as possible, lower detail etc. Also set the audio to the most basic setting.

Then try booting the game again. If it works it then it's trial and error to find which setting(s) may be causing problems.

Yoda Knight 18:01 09 Aug 05

What graphic card ? There are some that are known to be a problem with MOH, like mine... :(

polish 18:10 09 Aug 05

comp specs p4 2.53 1024 ddr ram nvidia fx 5700 latest drivers and dx direct diag reports no problems tried game on lowest settings etc

citadel 18:14 09 Aug 05

there may be patches for this game that can cure the problem.

kevinjuan 18:45 09 Aug 05

I had a similar problem with Freedom Fighters. The Tech Support guys at EA Games suggested that it was a clash with the latest nvidia drivers and that I should use version 66.93. It worked.

Hope it helps.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:21 09 Aug 05

Couldn't run another EA game on my new machine finally cured by running in 98 compatibility mode.

maybe worth a try on our machne.

polish 20:26 09 Aug 05

just got back from brother in laws loaded game onto his machine runs ok

LAP 20:40 09 Aug 05

Do you have Nero 6 or similar loaded? I read somewhere that this may cause conflict!

polish 20:44 09 Aug 05

nero is not on my machine

gudgulf 21:38 09 Aug 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…