medal of honour graphics card issues

iqs 21:17 02 Oct 05

hello..my brother in law has tried to install medal of honour pacific assult on his pc.he has a geforce 4 graphics card and win xp.
when he tries to install the game the following message appears.....pacific assult is compatible with your graphics card,but requires a video card that supports dx 8.1.thats as far has the installation goes.any ideas?.many thanks,mike

MAJ 21:29 02 Oct 05

Try updating the graphics card's drivers, iqs. You don't give the model of graphics card so I can't direct you to the [possibly] correct drivers.

skidd 22:32 02 Oct 05

click here for the graphics driver but would really contemplate a graphics card upgrade. Better be quick as AGP cards will be getting as scarce as hens teeth!!

iqs 13:10 03 Oct 05

hello maj.sorry about the lack of info.details...NVIDIA GeFORCE MX440 with AGP8X.
hello skid.we paid a visit to this web page ,but we could not kind the correct driver :( here from you soon.cheers ,mike

flyingbrit 14:33 03 Oct 05

for new drivers go to link.......... click here you to nvidia site,all the drivers for nvidie graphics chips are same drivers...20.6 mb for win xp...hope this helps

flyingbrit 14:36 03 Oct 05

damn that link doesn't work, sorry, follow skidd's link,it takes you to nvidia home page click on download drivers at top and just follow as asked.....

andrew-196854 19:54 03 Oct 05

you could try downloading this click here also i would sugest doing you graphics driver aswell , but to be honest i would say he is on the bare minimum of graphics cards anyway to run the game , also that link for direct 9 c use that or it does come with the game? maybe a new graphic card ? hope this helps

gudgulf 20:45 03 Oct 05

I can give you an answer.....but you wont like it!

The Mx series of graphics cards are not fully fledged GeForce4 cards.They are based on the older DirectX7(Geforce2 I believe) series cards.As such even though you have the latest drivers and DirectX version installed the graphics card does not meet the minimum hardware specification for the game.MoHPA needs hardware DirectX8,not just the drivers, support and your card doesn't have it.

click here

The best solution is a new, up to date graphics card.The re is another problem with the mx series that is important......they are not really up to the demands of modern games.

flyingbrit 23:50 03 Oct 05

i'll agree with gudgulf but saying that although i've never played mohpa apart from with a 6600gt card i have played mohaa(alied assault)with my old gforce2 64mb mxmax card and although i had to turn graphics down it did play it. however mohpa uses a different graphics engine,so it looks as tho' you need a new card. but it's worth it,it's a great game!!!!

iqs 10:31 06 Oct 05

Hello and a big thank you to you all.I have passed all of the above comments to my brother in law.Like me he believes a new graphics card is the answer....Take care and thanks again.Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…