Medal of honour allied assault and audigy s/card

Colinp 19:36 22 Jun 03

I am running win XP home, have an audigy sound card and want to play mohaa. Apparently there is a known clash with audigy and mohaa, (it says so much in the readme on the CD). The game ran fine using the onboard s/card, but ran at about 1/2 frame/sec after audigy was installed. Yes, the onboard s/card has been disabled.
Is there a fix or patch for this problem yet?
Thanks

Totally-braindead 19:48 22 Jun 03

I found the patch its here click here but it says nothing about fixing the Audigy problem.

Colinp 19:52 22 Jun 03

Thanks Totally-braindead. I have tried that patch and that hasnt worked either

Totally-braindead 19:55 22 Jun 03

As another thought try updating your soundcard drivers, I'm not saying it'll help but its unlikely to make matters worse, or try emailing EA games, they will respond to you query - eventually.

Colinp 19:59 22 Jun 03

i think i have the newest drivers going. When i last checked (about a week ago), there was a beta driver for download, but i dont want to d/load betas

Totally-braindead 20:02 22 Jun 03

Point taken, I loaded a Beta driver once and the hassle it caused was unbelievable. I'll see if theres another cure and get back to you if I find it.

Totally-braindead 20:09 22 Jun 03

I "might" have it. Try disabling the hardware acceleration on your sound card, not sure how you do it on XP in win98 you go to multimedia in control panel and you can disable it there. Good luck.

Colinp 19:19 22 Sep 03

I finally found out what the problem was. I had an on board sound card which i had disabled in windows. For some reason, I decided to disable the soundcard in the Bios. Everything now works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…