Medal of Honor Mouse problems

A friend of mine has recently bought Medal of Honor - Pacific Assault for the PC.

When he plays it, there is a serious delay of one or two seconds from moving the mouse, to the cursor or player actually moving.

I initially thought it would be due to a lack of system resources but it seems this is not the problem as the frame rate is fine, even when using fairly high settings where as the mouse problem is still present on minimal settings.

His PC spec is quite good too: Athlon 64 3000, 512MB DDR400 RAM, 128MB FX5700 with a MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R motherboard.

I checked for a patch and there was one that states it fixes input and mouse lag which I thought would solve the problem but he's tried it and it hasn't.

I built the PC for him just before Christmas so is there anything I could have done wrong then that would cause this?

Also, when I initially built it, he kept his old graphics card which I think was a Nvidea Gefore2 Ti4200 64MB. He replaced that with the FX5700 when Medal of Honor didn't work so would there possibly be any conflicts from doing that that could cause this? He does say he uninstalled the old drivers before installing the new one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks, Dave

AndySD 14:32 29 Dec 04

What is the mouse and is he using the latest drivers for it?

It's a cordless optical Logitech one. I have never seen it in a shop or website so I assume it must have been one of thier first of this kind.

He is not using any additional drivers, just the ones built into Windows XP

AndySD 14:46 29 Dec 04

click here and install the correct drivers. If its the Logitech® MX™1000 and still doesnt work then use the usb converter and plug the mouse in the old ouse socket.

It is the logitech mouseman click here

I shall tell him to install it and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…