Measuring monthly usage

JayDay 17:10 05 Aug 04

I am currently on BB with an ISP that has no limit on my usage.

I see now that there are several ISP's that offer cheaper BB but with a 1GB limit. Is there a program/any way of measuring my monthly usage to see what my average usage is?

It's difficult to gauge as it includes emails/web pages/downloads.

hssutton 17:14 05 Aug 04

Jayday.

Plusnet have an online usage graph showing exactly how much per day you have used.

christmascracker 17:16 05 Aug 04

Here's one

click here

christmascracker 17:25 05 Aug 04

Type free bandwidth monitor into google. Quite a few come up

JayDay 17:28 05 Aug 04

Thanks quick and helpful rersponse as ever.

Stuartli 17:32 05 Aug 04

I use Logtime from click here

Can monitor more than one ISP.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 05 Aug 04

click here Netmeter

AnthonyB 18:20 05 Aug 04

glad I latched onto this thread because I as going to start one myself.

In Wanadoo, I have " gig limit (£17.99). am I to assume that "online gaming" (say 2 hours) takes up that amount for an equivelent download (say severel 100's of MB's if I was to download softwre for 2 hours?)

Also, (daft Question prob) does leaving your computer connected affect usage even if I'm just READING a web page? (IE: not clicking on anything?).

Well, BB Wanadoo have done a rough guide to how it is worked out etc (emal attactments, photo's, MP3 downloads etc etc, PLUS 8 hours surfing per day. would that be 8 hours active surfing, or just 8 hours online?

TIA

AnthonyB

AnthonyB 18:21 05 Aug 04

oh, thanks for the links, esp that one Fruitbat;)

JayDay 18:40 05 Aug 04

Great little program, just what I was looking for.

Do ISP's work out your usage by Download/Upload or both?

Tim1964 19:26 05 Aug 04

The amount used is for both up and down.

In the last two weeks I've just passed the 1Gb mark, surfing for about 3 hours a day (on average)

AntonyB, I just noticed that, even having this page open and not clicking on anything, the usage is increasing by 10Kb every 10 secs or so. I can only guess it's due to the adverts updating themselves and of course the connection to the ISP is being 'pinged' regularly to monitor the connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…