Measuring data download

The Mountaineer 08:25 18 Jan 09

I'm considering giving up on a fixed phone line (BT) and broadband connection (Orange) for one of these mobile dongles (Vodafone) to use with my laptop. I mostly use my mobile phone anyway for calls and use the landline very little. The cost savings seem to stack up (max £15 vs current approx £11 + £15) but I'm concerned about monthly download limits. I want to measure my downloads over a month (to test it out) which are not excessive re personal use of the web, but naturally DO include security updates (Panda), programme updates and Windows updates.
Does anyone know how I can get a fix on this so I don't get a nasty surprise from Vodafone by exceeding a download allowance inadvertently?

gengiscant 08:39 18 Jan 09

Are these any use?
click here

click here

The Mountaineer 08:54 18 Jan 09

Thanks very much, Net Meter looks like it will do the job fine. I've just downloaded the free 30 day trial version which should allow me to get an average view of download levels.Traffic summary page is spot on for what I need.
Has anyone made this step yet away from fixed line broadband to mobile dongle only?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…