meaning of this error message?

palinka 19:12 14 Jan 05

In connection with another thread in this forum -click here - I received this error message when trying to send myself a message from one computer to another:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: another test 3', Account: 'My E-Mail', Server: 'smtp.123internet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 [email protected]>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Explanation of what it means might help me with my original problem (in the link above). Many thanks.

VoG II 19:19 14 Jan 05

Is click here any help?

Gongoozler 19:30 14 Jan 05

Hi palinka. There would appear to be a lot of problems currently with AVG7 and emails. I suggest uninstalling AVG and installing Avast click here. If it doesn't cure the problem you can always go back to AVG.

palinka 20:40 14 Jan 05

I tried Avast for a different reason but didn't like it as much; but I'll give it a go again - if only to see if it cures the present problem. Thanks for the suggestion Gongoozler. But first I'll try VoG™'s suggestion- it looks as if there might be a solution there.

palinka 18:16 29 Jan 05

Followed VoG™'s link but also switched off the scan of outgoing mail. Can now send as well as receiving.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch