meaning of this error message?

palinka 19:12 14 Jan 05

In connection with another thread in this forum -click here - I received this error message when trying to send myself a message from one computer to another:

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Fw: another test 3', Account: 'My E-Mail', Server: 'smtp.123internet.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 [email protected]>... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

Explanation of what it means might help me with my original problem (in the link above). Many thanks.

VoG II 19:19 14 Jan 05

Is click here any help?

Gongoozler 19:30 14 Jan 05

Hi palinka. There would appear to be a lot of problems currently with AVG7 and emails. I suggest uninstalling AVG and installing Avast click here. If it doesn't cure the problem you can always go back to AVG.

palinka 20:40 14 Jan 05

I tried Avast for a different reason but didn't like it as much; but I'll give it a go again - if only to see if it cures the present problem. Thanks for the suggestion Gongoozler. But first I'll try VoG™'s suggestion- it looks as if there might be a solution there.

palinka 18:16 29 Jan 05

Followed VoG™'s link but also switched off the scan of outgoing mail. Can now send as well as receiving.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…