me2uweb.com - Any good?

Stuart Leyland 15:20 03 May 04

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a new host and did a search on here to see what was thrown up. After looking at a few of the websites, I like the look of click here. It has the few things that I need most: SMTP server, PHP and MySQL databases.

What I would like to know is:

1. Has anyone had any experience dealing with this company? If so, was it good? Could you give some information on why it was either good/bad/satisfactory, etc?

2. Does the price sound reasonable (I am going for the "Ultra Bronze" package which can be found if you click here)? Could I get the same/similar from somewhere else which is better?

3. Anything else I should be considering.

Thanks for any input, I'm anxious to get this set up as, whilst I have a backup email address, my Mum does not so she is unable to send and/or receive emails at the minute but I am willing to spend some time on it so that I do not make a mistake.

Cheers folks :-)

Taran 15:53 04 May 04

I've no direct experience with them Stuart, but this will put you back up to the top and perhaps someone will come along who has/does use them.

They appear good value on the surface though.

Are you certain that you need multiple MySQL databases ?

I prefer to keep user authentication in a separate database to other content for e-commerce applications, but you don't need to do things this way and one database can and will run the whole show.

Anyway, this goes back to the top and hopefully you'll get some kind of answer.

God luck with it.

Taran

User-312386 08:22 06 May 04

I have used them for a year and a half now and have no problems with them at all

I also have friends who use them as well

Gaz 25 19:08 06 May 04

click here also do some good cheap hosting.

Stuart Leyland 19:28 06 May 04

Cheers for the answers everyone :-)

I have managed to sort out some hosting privately so will not be needing me2uweb but I shall bare them in mind for if/when I need hosting at some other point.

Thanks again

AcidBurn7uk 13:21 09 May 04

Absolutly, is the Ultra Bronze package the correct price: £25 annual exl VAT. Thats is exxellent!!!! I think I wil sort my hosting with them for my site when it goes live!!!! Consider them book marked!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…