ME to XP

Ant two 09:52 04 Apr 05

My system has 2 hard drives. I have ME installed on C, which I have run for a long time but have now found to be getting more unstable. I presume this is due to me installing more up to date programs.
I have now taken the jump and installed xp onto my d drive. This has given me a dual boot system which is working quite happily. The reason I left ME on c was to enable me to continue to use my old programs, some of which won't run with xp.
Now, my concern is what will happen to my system if I remove ME in the future. Will xp try to rename my drives? Or perhaps if my bios doesn't find an operating system on c it won't look on D. I am finding xp much better to use so I'm now thinking that I don't really need those old programs after all plus ME is on the older of my hard drives. I should like to know before I activate xp.

bodger2 18:28 05 Apr 05

If your drive ME drive is old and you don't need "me" why don't you just take that drive out and put your newer Xp drive as master

VoG II 18:32 05 Apr 05

Your old programs may run in compatibility mode click here

g0nvs 19:40 05 Apr 05

You could try what I have done. Use a Caddy system, ME on one HDD & XP on another.

Ant two 20:49 05 Apr 05

Yes, I am considering doing that, but having only just reinstalled everything, I was wondering what would happen if I did it at a later date.
Thanks.

Ant two 20:51 05 Apr 05

Thanks, I didn't even think of that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…