Me & power settings,

jcf 09:14 29 Jul 03

i have a p3, running Me whenever i try to use power saving settings & leave my computer for any period of time, usually more than 1 hour, computer will not come awake. i have to switch off & on then everything OK until next time i leave PC. any help will be useful

Mango Grummit 09:19 29 Jul 03

I'm an avid ME fan and have it on all my machines however the power settings facility just simply does not work (properly). Best not to use it at all in my experience.

Someone may know different!!

DieSse 09:34 29 Jul 03

I agree with Mango Grummit - it's problematical and best not used. It's often to do more with the motherboard than with ME itself - intel 810 chipsets were a bit fraught with this problem.

A common cause is conflicts between screen savers and the power saver - you could try experimenting by not haveing a screen saver (if you have one) - but all-in-all a facility best left unused.

jcf 09:54 29 Jul 03

thanks for help, think i'll try your suggestions & not use power settings, better than all the hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…