ME:- Manic-depressing Experience

jackplane 23:13 15 Oct 03

Hi
I have upgraded from Win98SE to ME, HELP, Help,Help, its a nightmare nothing but error messages, blue screens, freezes and crashes, everything I try to play on here with ME is a disaster.
I tried reformatting 3 times so far and to reload Win98se, but there seems to be some ME files that get left on, so when I run Win98se I'm still getting problems because of these ME files. How can I completely clean off the drive of any ME files so as to reinstall Win98se??.

Tim1964 23:16 15 Oct 03

Sounds like a format and a clean install I'm afraid.

woodchip 23:17 15 Oct 03

You silly boy going to ME from 98. It should have been at least XP. Before you format start comp with Win98 disc and type FDISK/MBR press enter then format and reload win98

VoG II 23:18 15 Oct 03
  woodchip 23:30 15 Oct 03

The point I am making above is that ME is supposed to be a later version. So MS being what it is say's you cannot put a old OS on hear now as it's been updated, In other words it's not files it as left, but it as written to the Master Boot Record the info that is giving you trouble

graham√ 23:45 15 Oct 03

To delete windows in DOS

Type 'deltree /y c:\windows\*.*' hit enter.

DieSse 00:16 16 Oct 03

If you reformatted before you loaded Win98, there won't be any ME, or any other, files that survived.

gold 47 01:51 16 Oct 03

I read with interest the comments on WME but i have to say i HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM fair to say i do not use it for games ect but in the end it must come down to what software you install WXP
was crap at first till you installed hardware and software that worked with it then it was fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…