ME and IE6

valen 21:49 14 Feb 03

I have been having problems with slow loading of pages and pages not loading at all just saying cannot find server etc etc.

I have been on to NTL my ISP and they tested as usual the broadband rate etc and come back and said I need to take out IE6 and put back I assume 5.5 as 6 is unstable with ME.

Each time I get on to NTL they always say something different. So to this end I am thinking of chucking this damn PC as microsoft is nothing but trouble.
So is someome able to tell me how I can do this as once you have the latest Explorer you cannot go back. So How do I uninstall IE6 and get back 5.5 do I need another browser instead so that I can carry on and do this and How Please Help!!

albert108 22:04 14 Feb 03

I have the same combination - NTL,ME and IE 6.
Do you have a software modem? My Internet speed improved with a good external modem -Diamond Supra max, but the Robotics Sportster is better still but a bit more expensive.

User-312386 22:19 14 Feb 03

IE6 is fine its the configuaration that is not good

i would repair IE6 1st

VoG™ 22:32 14 Feb 03

Repair IE click here

BBez 22:43 14 Feb 03

install SP1 as there is a lot of bug fixes included in the service pack...

valen 00:14 15 Feb 03

Albert108 I have broadband external so should be okay unless it is ntl modem as it is they who installed it but they have checked it.

Will repair and see.

BBez as far as I know I am upto date with all updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…