me 'eads in a spin trying to think of a suitable

SparkyJack 14:03 07 Apr 11

adaptor.
I have a SATA drive that I want to introduce to an IDE system.
A search and good old Amazon came of with one of the partners - an IOMAH bi-directional IDE to SATA
device, but then I realized the the connector of course IDE female to connect to the male IDE board.
Not quite what I had in mind.
The optical drive is IDE,
The board is IDE so the adaptor has to be male to slot into the female cenre connector on the standard
IDE ribbon- so I need I think - a Male IDE gender bender- is that right?

GaT7 14:17 07 Apr 11

When you connect the SATA drive via the IDE-SATA adapter you won't have to use an IDE data cable.

This is because the adapter plugs into the motherboard's IDE header (see pic 4 at click here) & connects to the SATA drive via a SATA cable only.

So if you don't have them, you'll also need to buy a SATA data cable & SATA power cable - latter only if the PSU you're using doesn't have a SATA power connector.

Also note that to power the IDE-SATA adapter, your PSU needs a single floppy-drive type connector. Do you have one of these connectors free? There's a way around this if you don't. G

woodchip 14:28 07 Apr 11

My guess is to use a Sata Card on a IDE motherboard is you need a PCI card that as BIOS drivers for motherboard to recognise the Drive.
Don't forget the connection cables, drivers can be downloaded if they do not come with card or drive
click here

woodchip 14:29 07 Apr 11

The above card, you can connect a Sata internal and external to it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…