MDAC.....way above my head

Kaacee 21:19 20 Dec 03

The latest PC Answers magazine contains a CD with Sandra 2004 programme, i have attempted to download the programme to my PC but it's says i need MDAC 2.5 or later from Microsoft website.
When i go onto this site MDAC stuff is there but it warns against downloading to certain systems,can anyone enlighten me on why i need this and how to ascertain whether i can download it to my OS which is Windows 98 SE.

It is something i know nothing about.

Many thanks

sil_ver 21:52 20 Dec 03

Does this help click here Seems to be some sort of installer

Taran 22:17 20 Dec 03

Use regedit (Start, Run, regedit and click OK) to navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DataAccess

It will tell you which version you have installed in the right panel of regedit.

MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) is a whole lot of things rolled into one. It allows interaction with data sources of various types and is a required component of many programs.

Internet Explorer includes MDAC and some people who choose to remove it from their systems have a lot of problems as a result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…