mcirosoft live messanger

harps1h 22:13 25 Jul 09

i have live messanger 7.5 on my daughters laptop and it insists on her updating to 8.5 before it will log her in. she doesn't like this version so how can this be stopped if at all. it uses the term "you must update......."

MAT ALAN 22:20 25 Jul 09

click here

this may help...

rdave13 22:36 25 Jul 09

To be honest the latest version of WLM is 14.0.8064.206 (2009). I can only assume that Microsoft update the messenger service for security reasons as well as cosmetic appearance.
My advice is to update to the newest version.

MAT ALAN 22:39 25 Jul 09

My advice is to update to the newest version...

disagree, if ya don't need it and ya don't want it, don't have it...

rdave13 22:44 25 Jul 09

What happens if you can't have it?

MAT ALAN 22:53 25 Jul 09

But she already has and she does not like it...

If you can't have it there is an underlying issue with your PC...
Which may cause Nausia, frustration, an overwhelming sensation of under achievement and a huge desire to smack your PC wiv a BIG "ammer"

or

post a question in PCAs helproom forum and hope someone gives them an answer to there problem...

rdave13 22:59 25 Jul 09

Bow to your superior knowledge.
Me; I'd be worried about an older version of WLM, or any messenger service come to think about it, as they tend to fall prey to malware. Rather nausia than crap on my PC. Still; each to their own.

MAT ALAN 23:09 25 Jul 09

Bow to your superior knowledge. OOOH ERR!!!

It would much depend if the newer version did contain some sort of security update (don't know)
most of them just seem to have a more user friendly interface and shinier buttons, it would be interesting to know with this and other progs how much more secure these type of updates are...

harps1h 19:17 02 Aug 09

this is not an optional upgrade as it turns out. there is no choice but to upgrade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017