Mcieplg.dll problem with Winpatrol

birdface 11:40 28 Jul 08

I have to accept it or deny it.It is supposed to be for McAfee site advisor but I have googled it and cannot find anything about it.I have site advisor downloaded so not sure whether to accept or deny it.Anyone any idea.

birdface 13:11 28 Jul 08

Decided just to allow it.No adverse response yet so will class this as resolved.

rawprawn 13:52 28 Jul 08

Just checked there is no information on WinPatrol Plus either.

birdface 15:16 28 Jul 08

I think I will run a few security programs just to find out if it was something harmful or not.Many thanks for getting back to me with that information.

rawprawn 15:22 28 Jul 08

Strange I got an update for McAfee site advisor about 2 days ago and allowed it to install. I wasn't happy with it because of it's behaviour with regard to it's position on the toolbar.So I reverted back to the old version, and there has been no try at an auto update since.
I would keep an eye on it, although I found no malware, or other adverse affects.

rawprawn 15:38 28 Jul 08

It was no version update, I already have
v 2.6.0.6261, so I am not sure what it was. I must admit I didn't read it properly, I was busy (I had just loaded Kaspersky)and thought because it was
McAfee it would be OK, none of my defenses picked anything up.

rawprawn 15:48 28 Jul 08

I have just had the same "Installed Update" I have denied it running using WinPatrol Plus. There is still no information on their site.

rawprawn 15:50 28 Jul 08

Again it has taken a row to it'self on the Toolbar which I don't like.I think I may uninstall it. I don't like programs I can't fully control.

rawprawn 15:55 28 Jul 08

I seem to have got it tamed within the toolbar, I will see how it goes on.

rawprawn 16:16 28 Jul 08

I have uninstalled for the time being, it stopped my " Enable/Disable Add ons" working.

rawprawn 16:25 28 Jul 08

IE seems to be where I am having trouble there is No problem with Firefox installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…