mcci+McciTrayApp

Diemmess 11:15 25 Apr 14
Answered

A revisit to Zone Alarm brings a pop-up warning that allowing the operator to use this "may track or log keystrokes (user input)

There is an option to deny this code access etc. and recognised programs don't seem to suffer any speed loss if using this .exe is denied

Browsing seems to be the action involved and browsing led me to I think..... RegClean Pro.

Is RegClean Pro free, and does it seem to work, I'm not anxious to add to any half baked rubbish that is loaded now and then?

I have used CCleaner over a number of years, and if this is as good, or better then I'll install and try it. Otherwise I say thanks to any member and look for a simpler procedure which will remove the code and leave the (XP) System safe.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:45 25 Apr 14

The program Reg Clean Pro is dated 2005 so, way out of date compared with CCleaner.

mcci+McciTrayApp could be a virus or a left over from an old broadband connection such as AOL.

My advice is to get rid of it

Use CCleaner - tools - startup ... to disable

Possibly

C:\Program Files\BellSouthWCC\McciTrayApp.exe

startup entry is started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry.

Diemmess 18:05 25 Apr 14
Answer

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\ You always seem to leave the spirit world and save me from myself. It was unable to benefit from a dose of CClean no such [mcci+Mcci] program seemed to be present. So I turned to regedit-ing (Acronis first)

Time after time I could find and delete one instance only and the pest returned after rebooting.

Nothing popped up at the last reboot. BTHelpNotifier seems to have been its reason to be there, but is no worse without it!

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…