Mcaffee Firewall PLus

ivesy 17:38 21 Jul 04

I've just found that when I select "test my firewall" in Mcaffee security centre nothing happens! Could there be a problem there? I have WIN XP and AOL 9. I've emailed Mcaffee but haven't had a reply and I've tried uninstalling then re-installing but no change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

GaT7 17:55 21 Jul 04

Are you connected to the Internet when you press select/press "test my firewall"? If not, try it & see if it works. G

ivesy 17:58 21 Jul 04

Yeah I've tried it both when I'm connected and when I'm not.

GaT7 18:33 21 Jul 04

Yes, there is a problem & Mcafee should ideally take you to click here (when connected). Read this...

<<One of the options on the program’s main menu was to "Test My Firewall" which sounded like a good idea. By default the program goes out to HackerWatch.org, a McAfee web site which will probe the ports on your machine. To give McAfee credit where due, they also provided links to dslreports.com and pcflank.com, two other sites that provide similar functionality. My newly-installed firewall passed all the tests at all the locations, including those at ShieldsUP (click here) which I also visited for good measure.>> (source: click here)

While you wait for a reply from Mcafee, you could go to the above site(s) & carry out a manual test yourself. G

ivesy 18:46 21 Jul 04

Cheers crossbow! Hackerwatch was my first (pardon the pun) port of call but when I selected test ports etc again nothing happened it's as if the test were just bypassed. I also tried PC flank and that site didn't respond either! I have found tonight that I'm having trouble getting pages to load especially ones that us Internet explorer as a browser? This could be all a problem with AOL? Anyway I've just gone back to Hacker watch and the tests have all passed! Thanks very much Crossbow appreciate it! have a good day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…