McAfee Virus Scan missing or not installed, Help!

Major Disaster 10:58 13 Jul 05

Hey
Last night i tried to do a system mechanic optimistaion defrag, left it running over night as it take HOURS. The alarm whent off as we think it picked up the pc as a heat source, so shut down pc without completeing defrag.
Turned on the pc now and got the message "Some componets of Active Sheild are either missing or might not have been installed correctly. Please reinstall active shield. If you have started your computer in safe mode, please restart your computer in normal mode to enable McAfee VirusScan". Also if i try to open McAfee Security Centre, get the message "Mcafee Security Centre failed to initalise correctly". Also when connecting to the internet, i did not get the dialing dialog box, just connected and didnt get the connected to bt broadband notifictaion in the task bar.
Please help, i am worried as now my only AV is a trial of Ewido. Please please help!

Major Disaster 11:09 13 Jul 05

Oh and ive been to the mcafee website and for some reason it wont let me re download virus scan. Please help!

bof:) 11:24 13 Jul 05

Hi Major Disaster, have you tried reinstalling the McAfee virus checker program if you have the disk.

If you can, uninstall whats left of the program 1st. reboot PC and reinstall McAfee again.

Mike

VoG II 11:24 13 Jul 05

System Restore?

Major Disaster 11:47 13 Jul 05

Sorry yes, i dont have any mcafee disks as origonally got it by downloadin it from the mcafee site. Crisis averted, system restore worked, sorry in all my worry i forgot about the simple things.
Thanks

961 11:54 13 Jul 05

green tick as resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…