Mcafee virus scan 6.0

albig 18:34 20 Jan 03
  albig 18:34 20 Jan 03

I have installed said program but find that when set to scan my inbox emails in outlook 2000 it only scans some files not others. Mcafee say to manualy remove program and start again but this seems drastic. Any other help appreciated.

Cuddles 22:31 20 Jan 03

Instead of removing program try reinstalling again over the original one, this should replace any missing files.

Instead of removing program try reinstalling again over the original one, this should replace any missing files.

Cuddles 22:32 20 Jan 03

Do not know why that has posted three times.

Pauper 22:42 20 Jan 03

Have you set is to scan all files, or have you left it on the default setting whereby it will only scan the files specified by McAfee?

albig 19:22 22 Jan 03

if I reinstall then have to re upgrade data files and program files. can you tell me if it only scans mail with attatchments as if this is the case all is well.

Pauper 22:21 22 Jan 03

albig, if you look at the properties (from the main virus-scan window - pick a task/change my virus-scan settings/congigure vshield background scanning/customize your vshield settings/e-mail scan)you will see that the only option to select is 'enable scanning of e-mail attachments'. 'Hawk' and 'Download Scan' should take care of other worries for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…