McAfee - Trojans and Dialers detected!

kevvyb 11:31 03 Jun 04

Have just done a virus scan on my system (and realised that I do this too infrequently). I checked the "scan for Viruses in MIME/UUE ncoded files" and the "scan all OLE objects" tick boxes whcih I do not usually do.

Because of this I have no idea how long these trojan files and dialers have been on my system - is there a way I might tell.

Also are these real baddies? Can anyone shed an light?

These are the files found:
……… K & J, => G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\\VERIFIERBUG.CLASS,1,Exploit-ByteVerify,4161

…… K & J, => G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\\WEB.EXE\WEB.EXE,1,QDial16,4169

…….. K & J, => G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\\VERIFIERBUG.CLASS,1,Exploit-ByteVerify,4169

…… K & J, => G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\\VERIFIERBUG.CLASS,1,Exploit-ByteVerify,416

…… K & J,G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\SecurityClassLoader.class-305f4c99-1841fe55.class,1,Dialer-167,1048641

……… K & J,G:\Documents and Settings\K & J\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\file\SecurityClassLoader.class-1ac02c55-2fa9825c.class,1,Dialer-167,1048641

Might they have been interfering in some way with CD Audio playback and/or CDROM burning processes? If so this might explain issues I have been having with these (posts elsewhere on site) and give me some idea as to how long the files have been on my system. Did recently unload exec protectionin TDS (trojan scanner) to see if this had any effect on the latter issues - maybe this is how trojan got through......? Don't know of vourse if the trojan has been executed on my system whihc is when (I assume) TDS would pick it up...?

Eastender 12:01 03 Jun 04

You may find this of interest click here

kevvyb 13:57 03 Jun 04

Thanks Eastender. Phew, maybe not as bad as I thought.....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…