McAfee Temp Files, do I need them?

wotbus@ 14:58 03 Apr 03

My PC is slowly filling up with temp files from McAfee updates. I have tried contacting them to see if its safe to delete them but I reckon I would have been more gainfully employed trying to push spaghetti up a drinking straw! I am a bit reluctant to delete them to the bin on a suck it and see basis in case I create a problem even though I know I can restore them later. Any advice welcome.

wotbus@ 08:37 04 Apr 03

Perhaps I had better keep them then, in case they come in handy one day!

Offline 10:01 04 Apr 03

Temp files are what they sound like files that an application creates for very short term use & really should be feleted by the app when it's finished with them, but that often don't happen & so they build up. I personaly delete Temp files that are more than a day old, I don't ever remember having a problem with that system and if they were not created on that particular Windows session they probably are ok to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…